Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What to do with Leftover Wine

I am notorious for opening a bottle of wine, having one glass, and then kicking myself later that week when I realize the rest of the bottle tastes a little bit off.

Well, a few weeks ago, I was craving a glass of wine and realized the only wine I had left in the house (hello, what was I thinking!) was a half full bottle of something I had opened earlier in the week. Darn. I wasn't really in the mood for wine that was bitter and tasted off so I had to think quick.

Enter: Sangria.

Club soda, sugar, oranges, and ice.

I made sangria with the leftover wine and you know what, it turned out great!

I did everything mostly to taste and it was stuff I already had in my fridge:

2 parts Red wine
1 part club soda
Few teaspoons of sugar
Lots of orange slices
Lots of ice

In no time at all, I was relaxing with a tall glass of sangria. You could even swap out the oranges for limes, lemons, or apple slices.
What do you guys do with wine that's a few days old?

1 comment:

Jamie Burnett said...

This is a great idea, I was just wanting a sangria recipe the other day.